Top Ad

SECRET

 




                    CHAPTER ONE


            LAURETTA'S POV

           "Get me a glass of orange juice Clara". "Yes ma'am," she replied. Okay then, let's just go straight to the point, I am  Lauretta Wilson. A tall, fair, pretty medium sized woman and the wife of the popular Kennedy Wilson. With my little introduction I am sure it would be easy for you to  tell that I am Rich to the call. I have everything at my disposal, if it was possible to get health with money I would have done that long ago. Moreover I gave birth to two children but presently one is recognized as the only child and son of the popular Wilson, there is a lot to say about the other child, who happened to be my first child, I think that story is for another blessed day. 
        You know, getting married to someone like Kennedy is a life changing situation all thanks to my late best friend, Anita who introduced  me to him, she knows a lot about me though. Anyways it good she died so early  because she  was becoming a thorn to my flesh. Sometimes I just think I created this world because no one challenged me or should I say no one was too bold to question me I get away with anything I do and that is the reason I told my workers to call me MADAM LAURETTA.
      "Here it is ma'am",  my maid, Tessa  said as she dropped the glass of juice on the  table. Talking of Tessa,  bringing her to my home as a maid is the only good thing I did all  my life and the next question  I am expecting  you to ask me is "Are you that wicked?"  Hmm. .. though the answer is so complicated, I think  it's YES. I just hope you learn from me as you read through. There is something  I forgot to tell you earlier, I am not a Christian or Muslim or traditionalist. I am an Atheist. that is I don't  believe in the existence  of God.


                         Tessa's POV

I was preparing lunch when Madam Lauretta called me to get her a glass of orange juice. She might be weird or annoying sometimes but I will forever be grateful to her for employing me as her maid though as big as the house is I am the only one working for her presently, she actually sacked the rest (just 3) recently because she met us dancing in her personal sitting room I was dancing also but that day I knew I received God's grace. So, I sweep the floor, wash the plate, cook the food, wash all dirty clothes and do other necessary things. Doing the whole chores isn't too stressful at least she pays me 15000 naira  monthly which I have been saving for my education.  Most importantly I can eat anything  I want to eat without being questioned. She gave me the basic needs of life shelter, food and clothing. 
            My name is Tessa as you all know but there are lot of things you don't  know about me and there are lot of things I don't  know about my self also, we will get to know  later as we read but for now  I'll just tell you things I know about my self. I am 16 years old, my mother left me in this  world when I was 12 years old without showing me to my father the only thing she told me was that I have my father's  birthmark on me, in fact I don't  know any close relative of  my mum or dad, so when my mum died I had to live on the street  but there was something that grew in me like an olive tree and that is my believe in God, my mother told me so much about God, she said I should never neglect God in my life because he is the  only one that can make me fulfilled in life, she said he is the father of the fatherless,mother of the motherless, she also told me to always do that which pleases God. I so much believe that no day passed without me praying, this prevented me from doing other bad things children on the street do to feed themselves. Anyways I spent 3 years on the street, One day as I was begging for food I met Madam Lauretta  who became my benefactor in a jiffy. When I  started living with Madam Lauretta's I got to know that she doesn't  believe in God in fact she stopped all her workers from praying or reading the Bible or going to church but do you think she was able to stop me? "No" in the middle of the night I pray and read my Bible. She almost caught me one day but thank goodness  that she didn't  notice very fast. Mr Kennedy  Wilson is a very nice man, not always at home though, if awards of excellence  are given to those who travels best I am very sure he will be the first person to be awarded. One day, the nice Man in Sir Kennedy became a Monster but God saved me like the way he saved David from the hands of King Saul.







                   CHAPTER TWO


                           Jackson's Pov
    "Tessa!!!" I called the maid. "Yes sir", she answered. "As you can see clearly  that my babe is here and I need to explore, so I  want you to the as usual".  Usual right? Don't  be confused, the usual thing she needs to do is sweep the floor even if it's dirty or not, lay my bed even if it's tidy or not and spray the hair freshener even if my room smells nice or not so that the environment  will be conducive for me and any babe that gets a chance with me.
           Anyways, my name is Jackson  Wilson the only son of the popular Kennedy  Wilson,I am 22 years old,  I have no wealth of my own because I solely rely on my father's  wealth since I am his only son, moreover the man is getting old. I don't  live a boring life, I am very sure you would have sensed that from the beginning, right?  So every blessed day I bring different kinds of lady to have a nice time with. There is nothing much to say about my self but people can really tell who I am. Some say I am proud, some say I am arrogant and rude and other kind of things but I don't give a damn!  
              I thought I had a great future ahead of me but my life became shattered  when I heard deep secrets about  the real me.







                  Kennedy  Wilson's POV

 LAURETTA:  Sweetheart, we have been here for more than 30 minutes  waiting and you keep on telling me to calm down, don't you know there are other important  things I need to attend to
kENNEDY: Really? Is it not the so called important  things  that made you  lost your position as a mother and wife?  Don't worry, it a matter of time ( he hissed).

    (After few minutes a young pretty lady opened the door)
MAHEERA :  Good day sir and MA. 
KENNEDY : You are welcome my dear, meet Lauretta( he touched his wife) and Lauretta meet........
LAURETTA : ( She interrupted her husband)  Maheera right??
KENNEDY: Do you know her?
LAURETTA : Yes of course, she is one of those fowls that wants to destroy the life of my son.
MAHEERA:That not true ma'am
KENNEDY : It's okay dear, what about your father? 
MAHEERA: He is on his way ( the door opened and a man came in) here he is ( Lauretta  looked up and was shocked)
LAURETTA : ( she became disorganized) K.....Ken. .....Kenneth is this you? ( she faced Maheera) is this your biological father? ?
MAHEERA: Yes, I am his only daughter
LAURETTA: Is it what I am thinking?
KENNETH : Yes it is.
MAHEERA: I don't understand what is going on here, i am lost and i need vivid explanation
KENNEDY: You see, my dear this woman here( he pointed at Lauretta) is your biological mother, she left you and your father to get married to me because of her own selfish interest
MAHEERA: What! How can Madam Lauretta be my mother? (She faced her father) but you told me mum was dead daddy
KENNETH: Ye....yes (he stammered) i thought she was dead not until her husband came to inform me that she's alive
MAHEERA: Ha! You've destroyed my laugh Madam, i am pregnant, i am carrying Jackson's child
KENNEDY, KENNETH AND LAURETTA: What!!!!!!!
LAURETTA : No it a lie! this not true! it can't be! ( she faced her husband ) don't  believe them!. They are liars! 
KENNEDY: Oh! They are liars, right? You know what?  You are a devil, all these years you made me believe that Jackson is my son, all these years you made me believe that Anita died because she wasn't with her inhaler even when the fact that you killed her with your bare hands is so intact and now you can open that smelling mouth of yours to say that they are lieing (he pointed his finger to Mr kenneth and Maheera) you are such a big fool Lauretta, 
LAURETTA: No! ( she screamed) it not true! Forgive me! It you i want,  i want to remain rich.
KENNEDY: Rich?! You know what? I have found my child too the one i neglected and never took care of, she is Tessa, the young girl you employed as a maid is my biological daughter, so when you get home just park your things, i don't need you and your foolish son, moreover he is my worst problem (He kicked her)
LAURETTA: NO!!!  ( she held her chest  as she screamed and slowly fell down

  (  She was rushed to the hospital )





                       CHAPTER THREE


                 KENNEDY WILSON'S POV

                Some months ago, i was looking for a file in my drawer in the office when my hand touched an object,packed in a small paper box, there was a paper in the the box when i opened it the letters written on it were like this "S-E-C-R-E-T" that is secret,i guess it was the stuff Anita sent to me before she died but i was to busy to even open it,  i actually thought it her normal love pranks because before she died Six years ago she forced her self on me but i didn't dance to her tune because it isn't  my habit to  cheat on my wife but by mistake  i  cheated on her once not with Anita but with another woman i didn't really  know so well and it been long. There was a flash drive in the paper box also i did listen to the content in the drive and i was damn shock after listening to it because i was in total darkness for good 24 years.
      Anita is my very good friend just like a sister, she was the one that introduced me to Lauretta, a very pretty woman, since my mother was disturbing me then to get married  i had no choice than to get married to Lauretta, she remained a good mother and wife for 5  years the remaining 19 years was a waste because she neglected her responsibilities has a wife and mother. After listening to the content i got to know that Lauretta was another man's wife and a mother of a little baby girl when she met me and  she left her a husband and child to get married to me only because of my wealth. However Jackson who i thought is my son had no strand of my blood, he is Anita's husband's  Son. When Anita discovered that Lauretta betrayed her and her husband cheated on her she threatened to tell me the whole truth forgetting the fact that Lauretta is a witch who can do anything to get what she wants. All thanks to God who gave Anita the opportunity to send the flash drive to me before Lauretta came to kill her that same day. Anita also gave me full details about the man's home address and where he works.  
          I was so confused about the whole situation, that i left my work undone in the office and drove to the nearest bar to drink my pains out, that night when i got home  Lauretta wasn't at home as usual even my so called son, the only person in the mansion was Tessa,who works for us, she helped me to my room as she was about to leave that night i told her to stay with me, as she was consoling me i pushed her to my bed, it was all over her face that she was frightened by my actions because i have never behaved like this before,  she knows me as a good man, neglecting her face impression  i  tore her dress, she tried to escape but i caught her, i pushed her to the bed again,  i wasn't my self this time around,   as i was about to do what i have never done before  i saw it! I saw it! I saw my birth mark on her! How come? My eyes were opened and i gentle got off her,  she ran out immediately. Thank goodness i didn't hurt her. Then i remembered what my mum said long ago when my wife gave birth to jackson,  she said  " Kennedy i don't think Jackson is your real son........because your real child will have the same birth mark you have on your body" i actually thought it's an old time believe but now everything seems true but the question is how come??? I really need to get to the bottom of this matter.
          The next day i had to travel to think about the next step to take about my life and i had a definite plan. After few weeks i came back home, i talked to  Tessa and apologized to her about everything, i told her to tell me about her mother. And she said a lot that made me believed and well convinced that she's my daughter but i did not tell her that i am her father because it wasn't the right thing to do yet. She even said that her mother told her that she has the same birth mark with her father and at the right time God will make her know her father. It was 17 years ago, when  i was battling with Lauretta's bad behaviour ,  one of my friends told me that  i need to get another taste of woman. Unfortunately that day i was attracted to a lady who i dated for 6 months, we went out together, had lots of fun and i really explored her,  i had to leave her when she told me she was carrying my child, like pregnant, it was then i discovered that i have done the wrong thing. 
          I had to search for Lauretta's husband and her child, since i had the address with me,  i was able to locate them,  we talked to length and planned to meet at my other house in port Harcourt. I invited Lauretta also and Jackson but he did not show up. It was very clear that Lauretta knows Kenneth very well.  the whole secret she kept for so long licked out unexpectedly that she slumped and we rushed her to the hospital.
          


               JACKSON'S POV

"What!  my elder sister  is carrying my child, " i whispered.
        Yeah,  that morning my Dad told me that he needs me to come for a meeting that will  be held in one of our houses at port Harcourt, i was really happy thinking it was an official meeting. Few distance to the house i saw Maheera and her father alight from a cab and they even entered the house. I felt something was wrong some where so i packed my car outside the house i did not go inside the house either, i stayed at the door and i over heard everything they said and at that moment my life shattered, i ran to my car because i don't want any of them to know i heard all they said. My dad called me and informed me about my mother's condition, i pretended to be scared on phone but before i got to the hospital my mother died. Maheera also aborted the foetus though it's for our own good but after the abortion Maheera died. I lost my flesh and blood on the same day, it was really hard for me to assimilate the whole incident. My biological parents are dead, my only sister is dead, my other Dad don't need me anymore because now he has seen is daughter and that means i have no right to any of his property. Is this the real definition of life??? Do you think i will allow that maid know who she really is???
Let see how it goes.



                    CHAPTER FOUR

            TESSA'S POV

 That night when he came back home, he did not came with a slim lady or fat one, a fair lady or a dark lady, a tall lady or a short one, a figure eight shaped type or a shapeless lady, he really came alone drunk and it was like a miracle to me, may be God has finally answered my prayers concerning him. "Do the usual",  he said. That is i have to sweep the  his room even if it's dirty or not, lay his bed sheet and spray the freshener. Since it the normal thing i do every night before i sleep i was used to it, so i went into his room, as i was about to  leave his room, he came inside, pushed me and i fell flat on the big bed, panting seriously, he  tore my blouse like a hungry lion, i couldn't help myself, he licked my fresh laps, he removed my panties, he removed his trousers, i was shouting, screaming and crying but no one heard me since we were the only one in the house aside the security man whose room is far from the main building, i really needed God to intervene at this junction, the only thing i could say is " father of the fatherless where are you?  mother of the motherless come to my aid," then he covered my mouth, in my mind i was still crying for God's help and reminding him of how faithful i have been to him, i challenged God in my mind to save me considering the way i have lived my life to suit his will even when it was hard and easy. He opened the first drawer beside the bed, he also opened the second drawer, he brought out a knife, he removed his hand from my mouth and closed my eyes then he said " when i rape you i will kill you," then i had already said my last prayer i think it better to even die than live. He removed his hands from my eyes, and i was surprised to see money with him. "Did knife turn to money?" I asked in my mind, he stood up from me and i ran out of his room.
I was scared, i couldn't sleep, i was awake all night. Moreover Madam Lauretta and Sir Kennedy were not around. I actually thought of leaving the house for good
         The next day, after doing the house chores,  i packed my things and went to sir Jackson's room to tell him that i am leaving but when i got there i met him lying flat on the floor dead, i guess he drank a toxic substance. Because the bottle was also on the floor and an envelope, "READ THIS TESSA" was written on it. After reading i got to know so many things about my self and about the Wilson family, the reason Sir Kennedy did not rape me that night was because of the birth mark he saw on me, Sir Jackson did not carry out his evil plan on me yesterday because as he was about to rape me, he saw a man in white whose head could not be seen nor his feet, according to what he wrote on the paper he said the man stopped him from raping me and said "I am her shepherd and she shall not want, i watch over her and she will always be save with me, she has always lived a good life, she is blameless for your misfortune,  you can't harm her" then he disappeared,  Sir jackson said he was so scared that he did not know when he dropped the knife and took money from the first drawer. He also confessed that he killed Sir Kennedy and Sir Kenneth before coming home last night.
          However,he wrote the Lawyer's address and also talked about Aunt Matilda, who happens to be Sir Kennedy younger sis and my Aunty. Thank God i have someone left. As i was reading i was crying. Immediately i finished reading i heard someone call my name"Tessa, Tessa, where are you?" I was sure it was Aunt Matilda, i ran down the stairs and hugged her tightly.
        I had to see a psychologist because i was at the verge of being abused twice and it really affected me. My life after the whole incident was amazing though i still miss my parents but Aunt Matilda and her family are here for me.


**********           **************               ***************          ***********


         I am very sure you learnt a lot from Madam Lauretta's part
But what about me? Did you learn anything from me? There is something i want you to learn from my part. I was a young girl enclosed in the cycle of deep secret that would have led to my death because of Sir Jackson's selfish and devilish attitude but i was saved because i did things that was enough to challenge the ultimate Protector, God. If i had not believed in him or live my life to suit his will Sir Jackson would have succeeded in his plan.
     The question is, Do you do anything special that can be used to challenge God whenever you are in difficult situation or whenever you need anything from him???

     You have to do things that will intoxicate the maker of Heaven and earth to help you or come to your aid when you are in a difficult situation. 



Share on Google Plus

About Adeyinka Oluwanifemi Precious

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Comments: